A virtual space for Assumption Artists

Monday, April 19, 2010

Vinny Yacuzzi--I Am Not A Terrorist

I try to imagine if I had grown up in a war torn country, one where militia and terrorism ran the way of life. I think I take my good style of life here in the US for granted.

I have watched videos of terrorists who have captured victims and are broadcasting them for the rest of the world to see. I think, what made them choose this person? What goes through their head when making that decision? These things I will never understand. From seeing these though I do understand how these videos make me feel, and it is a feeling of complete disgust and grief.

By seeing videos and watching news on the television about war and terrorism, I have been immersing myself in the work. But by taking this approach, I sort of overwhelmed myself. My feelings of disgust and grief were now accompanied by pain, sorrow, and anger. Feelings from watching these videos and shows were carried over into my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment