A virtual space for Assumption Artists

Saturday, April 3, 2010

COMPONENT ERRATA Dylan Ritchotte

The most recurring childhood memory I have is of playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Nintendo Entertainment System. The vibrant world presented before my eyes was tangible and comprehensible. I was fixated with defeating this other reality and in the process I became an extension of this electronic realm. I controlled the outcome.

What I perceived to be true was actually fabricated a structure of red, green and blue had given life to a world that did not occur outside of my own optic consciousness.

My work explores the ephemeral visual forms generated by electronics. I become submerged in these domains. Connecting the viewer to them is what enables these worlds to exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment